State of Texas Financial Aid
The following state-sponsored programs are only available to students attending community colleges, technical colleges and universities in Texas. They cannot be used out-of-state.
NOTE: As of the date of this printing, these programs have been updated; however, we anticipate changes for the upcoming academic year.
The following programs do not have their own application. Eligibility is determined by the financial aid officers after reviewing information you provide them via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and/or other documents.
To apply contact the financial aid office of the college you plan to attend. Find out their deadlines and procedures, and make sure they receive all the necessary information in time to consider you for all available financial aid.
- Bordering States Waiver
- College Access Loans (CAL)
- Good Neighbor Scholarship Program (GNSP)
- License Plate Insignia Scholarship (LPI)
- Texas B-On-Time Loan
- Texas College Work-Study Program (TCWSP)
- Texas Educational Opportunity Grant Program (TEOG)
- Texas Public Education Grant (TPEG)
- Texas Tuition and/or Fee Exemptions
- Top 10% Scholarship Program
- Tuition Equalization Grant (TEG)