Piper Professor Award Nomination Form
ELIGIBILITY: MUST BE NOMINATED THROUGH COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY PRESIDENT’S OFFICE. RESTRICTED TO TEXAS COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES.
The Piper Professor Award nomination form is provided in PDF format and requires Adobe Reader. If you do not already have Adobe Reader, you will need to download the latest version to ensure that you can fill out, save and print the form.
The Piper Professor Award nomination form (PDF) has been designed to be filled out using a computer. The form will then be printed and signed before mailing it in together with supporting documents. The instructions below assume that you will save the form to your computer. This is the suggested method since you may want to have the form for your own records.
Instructions for Completing the Piper Professor Award form:
- Save the form to your hard drive by doing the following:
- Right-click Piper Professor Award nomination form.
- Select Save target As...
- Select a proper location and save.
- Locate the ppnominationform_2013.pdf file on your computer and open the form.
- The form is in two parts: Part A is to be completed by the President’s office or persons designated by the President at the nominating institution; Part B is to be completed by the person being nominated.
- Both parts may be completed on the computer by moving from field to field until all fields have been completed.
NOTE: If additional space is needed in a section, insert "See Attachment # __" in the section and use a word document for this information with the corresponding attachment number.
- Print the nomination form and sign where indicated.
- The nomination form and supporting materials should be mailed to the address below.
November 21, 2012, is the deadline date for receipt of nominations.
Piper Professor Selection Committee
Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation
1250 N.E. Loop 410, Suite 810
San Antonio, Texas 78209-1539
- In addition to the two-part form, up to five letters of recommendation may also be submitted as part of the nomination. Letters may be from members of nominee’s administration, colleagues, and/or current and former students. Any additional material should be limited, as committee’s time does not permit review of large amounts of materials. Nothing submitted will be returned after the selection process.
- Official Announcement of awards will be made May 1, 2013.